Quote Originally Posted by Lathorien View Post
Excellent Map! I think it may border on over labled/crowded, but still clear and readable. Your Ice Texture is perfect, and the detail in the compass rose is perfect (that is the same continent in the rose as depicted in the map right) Zimzalad... the icon is alone, is it a small island, underwater city? There are a couple like that... I am guessing islands To quote the "new" Scotty "I like this ship, Its exciting!" Repped

PS where is that Ice Texture?
Yes, it is a bit... detailed, but I wanted to include as much information for the DM as possible. I have an unlabeled version, which I will be posting in a separate thread.

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, the world in the compass rose is a rendering of the same planet, so the Central Continent is quite prominent under those clouds.

As for Zimzalad & the other cities out in the middle of the oceans, those are the cities of the marids (water genies). The whole world is based on Arabian mythology, so genies are featured heavily. The marids live in underwater settlements, which have become trade hubs over the past few centuries.

If I can find that ice texture, I'll post a link. I have a nasty habit of devouring texture websites, gobbling up images & filing them away in folders on my computer, without regard for where they came from. So when someone asks where something came from, I'm usually at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
Wonderful map!

The ice texture looks like a stone texture covered with white. Am I right?
Close, but no cigar.

And thank you, as well. I like your maps, too. I may post a tutorial on my techniques, as I think that they will be helpful for artists who don't like to use brushes too extensively. Believe it or not, most of this map was made without using brush tools at all!