Thread: December Entry: Tmonkey's Pirate Caves

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Not at all...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Gamerprinter - Spoken as if you consider yourself the default winner unless you choose not to try? Mmmmm....
    That's not what I mean at all. I will certainly create a map to fulfills my own satisfaction, which will hopefully will be competitive - I'm not going to try to lose. However being able to create a plauseable map in 4 hours is an extreme challenge, IMHO. I don't know if I can create a map that satisfies me in a 4 hour period.

I intend to hand-draw the map, label it with numbers, scan it and apply color in Xara Xtreme and a grid to call it a finished map. That's almost too much to accomplish in a four hour window, but that's what I'll try to do.

Regarding pre-drawing maps and cave systems - I'm simply planning the way I go. Once I decide on an island and cave system that works for me, I will set my stop watch and recreate from scratch my island and cave system. I don't want to be two hours into drawing my cave system and decide - naw, this is not the way I want to go, stop the clock and start over (that would be a waste of time.) By planning ahead, I will have a good idea at the final solution and make best use of my time.

What would do you do for planning, Cartographist?

The true map work will only be done within the 4 hour time period only.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-09-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: edits...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations