Thread: Reliable Highlighted Text in Illustrator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which is why I prefer to use Xara as my vector app of choice. While it certainly has less capability then Illustrator on many things, in others, like 'outer glow' it is far superior. I use 'outer glow' quite extensively in my labeling and the fact that Xara Xtreme works well using that technique, I don't have to be frustrated by the lack of such. I actually have an older version of Illustrator, that I never use, Xara works fine for me, and costs about half, a third of the price of Illustrator.

Not to discount your use of Illustrator, Su Liam, it is otherwise a perfectly fine proggie. I just didn't want those who don't use vector apps to think that all vector apps are missing such features. Bad 'outer glow' is just a discrepancy of Illustrator and not vector apps in general.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Still Learning Illustrator

I got a good effect, just a little easier by adding a fairly wide contrasting stroke with gaussian blur and transparency effects on the stroke.
    Make sure the stroke is below the characters.

When you know as little as I do, the learning process is so quick .

Two things are clear to me. This tutorial isn't going to be an award winner , and I need to try this with a real exemplar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AzakistanFeatheredStroke.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	31226  
    Last edited by su_liam; 12-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.