Thread: Help in the fine arts of Catography.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

no prog "does it all" Elf. Regardless or the field of endeavor. Especially in mapping. Most of the progs that we use around here, have ways of making good maps, but you need to input some human sensibilities. And a touch of skill. We are a great community to pick up those skill, and we have a lot of resources to help as well. The various progs have their own pluses and negs, and the choice comes down to what you want the maps to look like. We have a Quick start guide stickied to this forum, so there is a good place to start. A second thing to look at is the Finished maps and Challenge forums to find a style you like and find out what those maps were made with. After that, look in the Tutorial form to find something that works in your prog of choice.

but then Mid already said most of that.

You do not need a Tablet to make great maps, but they can be handy if you prefer the feel of a pen in your hand when drawing instead of a mouse. takes a bit of getting used to though.

the main thing to do to turn out decent maps is to just DO the mapping. Choose a prog, but YOU have to do the work. Sorry.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I have just downloaded gimp. What tablet size do you recomend? I would also like to point out I am more of a tolkien drawrer in the ways of maps.