Ah thankyou very much for your input jfrazierjr, it gives me a bit to think about. However, i am thinking about two possible options for my printed maps in the future...

1.) That i can print maps like the ones above in 8.5x11 and laminate them for people to buy. These would be too small for standard 25mm obviously, but i think they would be handy for DMs to whip out during either a a scene, or random encounter. The laminate means the DM and players could mark it up as they wish and then wipe it off. I would sell these for maybe 8-10$ apiece

2.) I could make/print the same type of scene/encounter maps at 11x17 gridded out at 1 inch, laminated, and big enough to be used with miniatures and sell them for 20-25$. These would serve the same purpose as in #1, but also let players be able to interact more with the map itself. However this option is much more expensive to pull off and off course this is reflected in the cost.

What do you guys think? is a viable option, and would you pay that kind of money for this/my kind of product?. I ask this because Christopher West has his own line (maps of Mystery, i'm sure you all have heard of him) who does large high-end maps that are laminated and are only 14-15$ apiece. I have contacted him on how its possible to do such large high quality maps for so cheap but i haven't gotten a response yet. I dont think i could sell my own maps for less than 20$ and turn any sort of profit.

In the end i want the players to have an excellent gaming tool that is not only functional, but stylized and artistic, and for me to be able to make money off of the gaming tools i produce. I see alot of battle maps, but most dont have that old school hand painterly feel like i used to see in Dragon Strike Heo Quest, which is stuff that really got me more into the game when i was younger.

~Jared