In my experience antivirus programs are usually almost as much trouble as the viruses they ostensibly fight. Even with legitimate ones. Hopefully you got the BSOD fixed. Usually, at least with Windows('cause I just don't know the system very well), if I can't get something fixed in less than two hours I reinstall the OS. What that don't fix is usually damn serious and requires the intervention of Polish technology.

While I do use some serious apps(at least as long as my educational license lasts[till June]), Flex Projector and G.Projector are reasonably simple to use. I prefer Flex Projector 'cause it can handle vector files to some degree and the output is usually marginally prettier(to my eye). G.Projector is a more strictly raster app, but it has oodles of weird projection no one outside of the cartographic community has ever heard of(Canter's Pseudocylindric 2002 f5.23... WTF?). Some of these are really quite attractive and have good distortion attributes, so I kind of like having them available. I've spent way too much time researching some of these projections.

While it isn't equal-area, I've grown to like the look of Eckert V. Eckert IV is equal-area and does seem to have a lot of advantages in terms of general distortion, but it just looks way too lozenge-shaped for my taste at the mo'. The 'big bum' projection has a lot going for it, but I think I'll stick with Old Flattop.

Speaking of which, I have made a little more progress. Gots ta love da Clipping Path.

### Latest WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KazhEckertVColorized1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	31434

I also fixed a bit of boneheadedness in the graticule.