Thread: December Entry: New Dundock

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip December Entry: New Dundock

Ahhhh . . . Ermmm . . . Uhhh . . . Against my better judgment, what with it being that time of the year, I'm gonna have a go at this one. I'm still waffling a bit on which projection to use (probably Hammer or Wagner IV depending on how things compare between the two) for the main portion of the map, however, there will most certainly be an "off-planet" view included as well.

Haven't accomplished much yet other than to select a world to work with, and pounding out a new climate image to use with FTPro (which may still need a bit of tweaking at this point). I'm not quite happy with the "ocean texture" just yet, and may need to build a new lighting file for this project. I'll also need to get in and edit things a bit in terms of elevations, temperatures and rainfall, then, maybe, slap a nice cloud overlay on top of everything.

For now, it is still in an equirectangular projection and the climate/biome coloring has been laid in. There are definitely some areas that need to be dried up and/or heated up a bit, but we'll see how that goes.

If I am lucky (very lucky, perhaps) things won't get stupid at work and I'll have time to finish this up before the challenge deadline. Wish me luck.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP 12-08-10-A.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	31303  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges