Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greyhawk: Atlas of the Flanaess

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm no Greyhawk expert, or a mapping expert for that matter) - but that is immensely well done.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok, what you are doing is just not fair!!!! These maps are incredible to look at. I could sit and stare at them for hours. It makes me want to go back to Greyhawk!

Anna - The Naerie map is beautiful. I definitely think that you are on the right track by presenting your work in the three different formats.

Being the map geek that I am, I've often thought that it would be really interesting to take a region in a fantasy world and map it TO DEATH. I mean, a map for landforms, a map for population densities, a map for rainfall, a map for vegetation, etc, etc, ad nauseum. While that is a little different from what you are doing, the idea is much the same.

Thank you for your replies

Chartographist you and I think along the same lines…hehe. To map a fantasy setting to death is just what I aim to do, and this set of maps I’m working on now is the base for all those special maps. Ideas of mine are religion, languages, trade routes, ocean currents, weather patterns. I’m already planning to try and have historical overlays so you can go back in time and se where the ancient empires had its borders and cities.
    //Anna

now that is something that i would be very very interested in helping you with. i have already begun amassing all information on ancient flanaess that i can find. i am starting a campaign based in ancient pre-cataclysm times and am going to need maps for it. ^^ so far we are starting in the region within 300 miles of the center of the Nyr Dyv.

were you aware of the adjustments that have been suggested for the latitude and longitude? i found an article about how to "true" the map to a spherical surface. if you haven't seen it yet, then i will be happy to dig them out of my files and share them with you.

is there anything that you would like help with? i very much enjoy the maps you have made so far.
    arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no desho ka?

Pen and Paper Games... never game alone again!

KadoKado games, win Amazon gift cards by gaming!

Anna - I'm sorry that I missed you and Ravs when you were in London. The timing was really bad for me.

I'm fully in agreement with you for your plan with the atlas. It sounds like it is going to be a fantastic (even moreso than already) project when you finally complete it.

I’m sorry too, would have been great to meet you, and you missed Ravs great hospitality.

We have to arrange some sort of gathering again soon

Ninjeko, what you are doing already would be a great help to me. That grip adjustment sounds interesting. Research is one of the most time-consuming aspects of my mapping and if you do historic research I would be very interested in using your findings for a historic overlay.
    //Anna

My latest release, the initial version of area 58 is finally avaiable!

There is an updated version of area 59 available as well, to match 58. I did the initial version of 59 almost four years ago and still there are details to be corrected and added. So I’m sure there are lots of things to change and add on area 58, so please scrutinize it thoroughly so I can get things right.

An updated map of area 45 will be published shortly to fit in with area 58.

When that is done I’m going back to Onnwal and the Dragonhead Peninsula. With expert help from Stuart Kerrigan I will make a special map of LG Onnwal. Then it is back to the Lortmil mts again to continue work on area 71.

My plan is to try and keep a schedule of one map a month, Onnwal in October and area 71 in November.

There is a small chance I can manage to get the western part of Nyrond ready by xmas

All my maps can be found at http://ghmaps.net

//Anna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq58v1.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	6735  
    //Anna

great stuff, book marked your site.
    The road to success is always under construction.

Thank you

Here is a first rough preview of area71. Terrain is very much a work in progress but I wanted you to have a peak into what I’m working on.

//Anna

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast