Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RPG Epic Encounter Maps by The Red Epic

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Definitely caves and maybe some rubble or boulders. Very nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

Now that snowy mountain pass is one hell of a fine map and I think I've found the battlemap for some Perytons with that one (flying creatures and changes in elevation are a killer combination)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

#6 The Old Forest Road is up. Check it out!

Acension- i will get on that but my work computer with this map and my huge map crashed and i am in the process of salvaging the hard drive Stupid technology. Still i will put them in when i get the chance!

Aegeri- Thanks for the offer but right now i'm just doing the maps and writing a few sentences about each to give the player a feel for the map I have never written and adventure and surprisingly rarely play DnD. I think it would be pretty cool to put out micro- adventures for DnD with me doing the maps and art, and somebody else writing up the info and organizing it into PDF's or something. Thats a ways down the road though, right now i'm just trying to get these things done for Gen Con!

Everyone else- Thanks you so much, your comments and praise has really been an inspiration

~J
    Last edited by TheRedEpic; 04-11-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Very nice. The green bits on the road look scary. I would take the party overland at that point!
    M

wow, I really like your style. I'm diggin the The Cliffside Fortress, The Sand Vault and the The Frozen Mansion. The eye candy around your maps is right up my ally. It's just what I would do to dress up a map. Most of the time I'm just hand drawling them as I the PC's go along but having your maps would add the ambiance I would like to have in a game session. Top notch work. Added to your rep.
    "We might experience some turbulence, then explode." - Mal, Firefly

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEpic View Post
    Aegeri- Thanks for the offer but right now i'm just doing the maps and writing a few sentences about each to give the player a feel for the map I have never written and adventure and surprisingly rarely play DnD. I think it would be pretty cool to put out micro- adventures for DnD with me doing the maps and art, and somebody else writing up the info and organizing it into PDF's or something. Thats a ways down the road though, right now i'm just trying to get these things done for Gen Con!
    Actually that wasn't what I was thinking with my comment - it was more to myself than anything else as I had just statted out 4E Perytons for my recent adventure. Now that you bring this idea up though, if you need a dood (EG me) to help you write some 4E adventures you just let me know and I will *definitely* help. The kinds of encounters I could write with cartography as amazing as yours would be worth the time and effort alone.

Guild Novice

i like the frozen mansion the best, though the clfsd fort caught my attn as well

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

Maybe also consider adding smaller pieces (such as trees, ice flows, boulders, etc) that can be 'cut out' as 'counters' and furniture ... when placed on top of one of the existing maps, they could change the landscape enough to be reused multiple times for different encounters.

Ah that is an excellent idea, though all the grids are not standardized...so that might be a bit of a problem. However, i am making 11x17 encounter maps with one inch grids...so that would work perfect. I would probably be able to created a laminated sheet that the player could cut out and place on the other laminated map. You think that would work well?

#7 The Iron Mountain is up!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast