Thread: RPG Epic Encounter Maps by The Red Epic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Thanks Ascension, coming from you that really means alot, as you know i think your work is fantastic I hope i can get this thing going too!

Aegeri, thanks for the support man, i really appreciate it! I am planning on self publishing in book form but i may move to PDFs at some point, however if i do this too early, i'm thinking it might undermine the book i am trying to launch and i dont have a shop for people to buy from just yet!. But that will probably happen in time, or i may change my mind. And of course this is one of your ideas, you had some great ones. Mind if i take a couple more? I'll try to do them justice!

Guild Journeyer

You're welcome to use any of my ideas. I run so many games that the number of different scenarios I think of/need is quite considerable. I was actually just thinking about an encounter in my Dark Sun campaign, where the players have to engage a group of monsters fighting in/around a huge "dinosaur" like skull in the middle of the desert. The creature had been felled by a defiler (maybe in the very distant past?), so much of the sand at the bottom was defiled black sand terrain (which is quite dangerous) and the skull was the actual safe place to walk/climb/fight on. Basically the skull of the creature forms the safe battle terrain, with the sand being dangerous in effect. Rather like the old schoolyard game where the ground is lava and you can't touch it - only black sand that kills you. Dark Sun has some pretty large monsters and the skull would be partially buried anyway.

Edit: Minding, this might be too specific to be useful for a variety of DMs.
    Last edited by Aegeri; 12-14-2010 at 12:58 AM.