Thread: Xperemiante

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think that's the biggest problem I'm having is making them merge with the land. I either have the layer settings wrong or I need to build up my landmass so it more closely matches the textures of the mountains. I kind of hate the way the mountains merge around their bases but I'm not sure what to do about it. I begin to approach the point where I say, "Screw this" and just paint the entire map. I could do that but I think it sort of misses the point of trying to use the layers and filters.

Too blurry...Well, to be honest I opened up Google maps and went to a heavily forested area like Europe or Colorado, zoomed in until the mountains where about the same size as what I was going for and tried to create what the forest looked like. Here is an example of what I mean. As you can see I did go for a slightly more vibrant coloring just because flat green is kind of boring for a fantasy map. Still, everything on here is pretty much an experiment and I agree that one mountain did come out like a spine

I'll check out OldGuy's coastline tut, thanks for the tip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	31678  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt