Thread: First ISO Dungeon Map WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looks cool! Really like the style and the mood of this.

That second north-south passage from the west, where the second east-west passage (from the top room with the water) runs into it -- might want to extend it north a few squares to clear up what's going on there. My eyes get a little lost there. Or, may make that one wall completely transparent where it runs behind the other, that way they aren't "competing."

As for suggestions for what might be in the rooms, do you think you could do vaulted ceilings in this style? Some round columns with flying buttresses (I think that's what they're called) becoming more and more transparent as they rise would look cool, but I don't know how they would turn out in this perspective.

Showing a "pit trap" in this style would probably work really well, especially if it ended in spears (with skulls and water, maybe) at the bottom.

Rats, snakes, skulls, bones and piles of hay can litter the floor, as can broken pottery, weapons and rusted helmets. In fact, making one of the rooms a catacomb might be cool.

A rickety wooden bridge of thin, rotten planks crossing the waterway that it can be easily kicked into the water by the defenders, who have something on the other side such as their sleeping place or a hostage chained to the wall or held in a bird cage.

Some metal bars over the arching drains might be nice.

Some bloody writing on the wall, maybe in "orcish" or "goblin tongue," or whatever. Also, a pentagram in blood on the floor with candles at each point and a skull in the center.

A misshapen face or two carved of stone, like a gargoyle, on one of the walls. Perhaps water can drain out of their mouths and into the existing water.

A black iron portcullis with a winch on the wall.

That's about all I can think of right now. Looking forward to the progress!
    Last edited by Sharpe; 01-02-2011 at 11:30 PM.