Looks really good!

As for names, don't think from orbit. You map is from a thousand miles up. Think from at most twenty feet above sea level - maybe 60 if you count a lookout in a crows' nest. If the northern part of the Focal is filled with Frenican galleys, and the southern is filled with Al Meengi corsairs, or icthysaurs, or crazy-dangerous storms, then the locals would likely consider it a separate body of water. If on the other hand your data comes from a Frenican cartographer, and the Frenicans as a political thing claim every drop of water from the Torrid to the Astrian as their private pond, then maybe they DO consider it one unit. Even in the latter case you could sensibly label it the N. Focal Sea and the S. Focal Sea. Don't get too anguished over the labels' "rightness", just go for plausibility... after all, the South Slovecans may have a totally different name for the S. Focal than "Focal", the Piccanians may have ten differing names for parts of the S. Focal, based on a combination of the fish harvested in different areas and the deities responsible for said fish, your Frenican cartographer calls it all the Focal, while the islanders from the back side of your world (not pictured) if they even know it exists, may call it Sieunatali's Water, after the legendary sailor of their race who traversed it all while fleeing from the Demon Waterspout Alacca. And so on :-)...

I dimly remember a tenet of labeling - maybe from the Imhof document Ravells posted - that one spreads the name of a geographical feature or region out, all along the feature. Tricky to do, and yet keep "all major hydro names looking alike". For instance, I can't tell for sure where the Fleeta range ends, and the Genesis starts.

By the way, what's the scale of this Geiosan map? Where's the equator fall ? That might imply certain currents in the Focal that would turn the 70km? 300km? pinch point at the middle into a well-nigh impassable strait.

You could still put Daennian and Faennian cities on there. Sure, if the capital of Faennia is Esmit k'Bookinarianasriafen si Jasmik, the font would have to be tiny. <shrug> So let your Cartographer-in-Charge just call it Esmit. I confess amid my worldbuilding and naming, if a map gets crowded at a certain point, a city might get a really short name, or might even find itself moved a hundred leagues downstream :-). If this is mainly a physical landform map, and your Focus :-) is not on those small SW kingdoms, you could imply unimportance by putting unlabeled cities on Daennia and Faennia, maybe along with a scattering of other unlabeled cities across the map. Then your political map could name fifty cities, all the way down to Esmit k'B. s'J.

I of course do not presume to name anything Geiosan - all my terminology is just to enliven discussion beyond generic Reallylongcityname and Shortvil. ;-)

I like the overall effect, the palette, the landforms, even the font. It's not super-legible, but you've got a display map, not a tactical battle map, and 'pretty' counts for something. I'm not a big fan of the mountain style where you wind up with a few smooth-ish ridges, yet shaded like a satellite photo, which stand in for varied, fissured, wrinkled ranges, BUT it works ok visually. If mountains like the Aspic range really are high, hard-to-cross wastes, I'd figure a believable Espanora/Brenier border to run along the continental divide. But you know your back-story -- maybe the Brenier folks ferociously hold all the mountains down to the Eapanoran foothills for good historical and 'present-day' reasons.

Have I said I like it? I like Geios !