Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Goal: Medieval city block

Hey tilt, 3D isn't an enigma if you know what are vertices, edges and shapes and what you can do with them. I've had an understanding problem of the "split.index" command this evening, but this is solved. I wish the language would be more like programming. Anyway, here is the next update. I've added four "ornament styles" and the rule file for you ravells, just rename the extension to *.cga.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE 02.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	458.5 KB 
ID:	36319  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no, I understand how 3D works, even took a class once - but what I got from that was basically that the amount of time I had to use to be good at it were to high ... that was 3D Studio Max. Also learned that in the pro 3D world people didn't even do all of it them selves, some built models, some textured, some set lighting, some animated. Perhaps I'll get the time to learn more some day
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

A minor update: Finished the roof level, next I'll have to split the roof itself and adjust a few things. Finally the ground level needs to be done and windows will be added.

I couldn't resist to export a few buildings and do a quick render with preliminary textures.

Name:	CE 04.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	368.2 KB 
ID:	36445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE 03.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	354.7 KB 
ID:	36444  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks like a small training yard there...pretty cool.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks, the rendered picture shows just the backyard of a lot, because I have not designed any rules for streets yet.
    I have a big problem now which I won't solve this evening. Nearly everything is driven by random numbers. Now I want to add exactly one door randomly to the front- and backside. In a programming language it would be no problem, but in a scripting language like CE it is. Perhaps I missed a command, so I'll add the rule file. Perhaps anycone can help?
    Oh yes, if it is finished I'll post a pic to the Procedural forums, good idea Ravs!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're way ahead of me on the programming now, Katto. I've had to relearn programming from scratch with CE (the last time I did anything similar was when I was using BASIC aged circa 18, I'm now 46). I think you might be able to make some sort of ' variable flag' using the 'case' command (which is like an 'If' statement in BASIC), and getting one door randomly placed in a wall was on my list as well. You can specify walls that face the street and walls that do not face the street. It might be worth asking the question on the procedural forums. Matthias Bueller who is the guru there may be able to help by writing a code snippet for you.

I've been dragged away from CE by R/L (moving house and work) and by the last comp and I've forgotten a lot of what I learnt when playing with CE earlier, so I'll have to get back to it again.

After a long night I've learnt that it is not possible to change attribute values. It is also not possible to define local attributes. This makes the language quite unflexible, because it is not possible to get min-max values etc.
    I've found a solution, but I am not happy with it at all. The next update will follow soon.

My first rule file is finished. Unfortunately there was bad weather in Little Housington.

Name:	CE 06.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	391.3 KB 
ID:	36491  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast