Secondary Editing Phase - Part One-C - Re-Smoothing Things Out

So I've heard it said that a man isn't wise because he already knows everything, instead he is wise because he learns something new every day. As it happens, I'm a little bit wiser now, having learned something new back on Friday. More to the point, with this new knowledge, I've taken a step back to look at what I was doing and compare that to what I wanted to do. This, in turn, has forced me to re-vamp the scripting process I was using since, as it turns out, I was effectively doing the same thing twice without realizing it.

With all of that behind me now, I am, I think, on the final version of the script which has produced the following results;

Elevation Version
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final Method - Elevation.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	32352

Base Climate Version
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Final Method - Climate.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	32353

While things still aren't exactly where I want them in terms of overall elevation, they are close enough that I feel confident in moving forward with this project. I've got a fairly nice variety of terrain types to work with ranging from rough mountain ranges to smooth coastal regions. It's not particularly realistic in terms of geological development when considering such things as plate tectonics and continental drift, but it's workable, and, at least for now, I can live with it. Perhaps in the next go-round, I'll take a closer look at trying to develop a world that is more realistic in geological terms.

At this point, the next major step is going to be developing a better climate model in terms of temperature and rainfall distribution. Originally I was going to work with the incise flow feature and get some rivers in place, but then I realized that both of these things would be affected by the climate model. So, it's off to do a little bit of research and read through Geoff's Climate Cookbook (http://jc.tech-galaxy.com/bricka/climate_cookbook).

I know I said I would be going into greater detail about how I achieved the current results, and I still intend to do that. The wording, however, is being a real pain. In my head, I know what I am saying, but "on paper" it is a bit confusing. Hopefully I'll have that worked out shortly and can post it up in the next few days. For now, however, it is off to prepare for the "Big Storm." We're supposed to be getting a bunch of snow in the coming days, and, of course, there's that National Championship game to watch later today. Gotta go root for my Ducks!!!!

GW