Being in the Asylum is a badge of honour! It means you've taken on a city map, and IMO they are the hardest and most time consuming maps to do properly. But don't get obsessed about the results, the fun is in the process. This is a hobby and if you don't have fun doing it, then it's the wrong hobby for you. For me it's all about experimentation and play (which is why it takes me ages to complete anything if I complete it at all). I can't tell you the number of dead ends I've driven up when making maps, I often find myself driving up the same dead end years later, but it's fun all the same. Being able to verbalise your maps the way you do and put them into the context of a story is a real advantage, it really helps to bring your maps to life. For me, the best maps tell some sort of story, that's what makes you want to pore over them. Why do we always 'pore' over maps? I'm a very harsh critic about my own work, often because I find it difficult to transpose what is in my head onto the screen. Often what's in my head is not clear, but a fuzzy thought and I rely on 'happy accidents' to firm it up. Finding those happy accidents can take a while, so you have to enjoy the journey!