Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Union of Holy Kingdoms

It's nice (though the mountains... ). The only fantasy setting that I can recall off-hand with specifically a setting centered on a fantastic Holy Roman Empire was... by an author called Kate Elliott, so, fairly original (compared to all those Britains out there, oy vey, those Britains!). Needs more Finnic and Uralic tribes, though. Or are those the Witch Tribes?

EDIT:

The Lyrish Kingdom? *groan* xD

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, the anti-fuzzy-caterpillar crowd has made me scrap that mountain style for the next segment of this world. Those tribes in Knurland are pseudo-Norse/Finnish; the Witch Tribes are an offshoot who are into necromancy and killing puppies and all kinds of bad stuff. And Lyrish Kingdoms... like I said, that semi-world map has a lot of placeholder stuff on it, so much of it will change later on.

Hey, Diamond, how about this mountain style? It's got caterpillars, but the actual Alps look more like real shaded relief. A pretty effect, but to be fair it's getting into the "interferes with political data" level.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Good example, that style would probably look awesome .... but it looks really hard to actually pull off!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, that's a style I'd like to try at some point. Like when I have six hundred free hours. Seriously, it does look cool though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123