Thread: [WIP] Fijüwë

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Hello,

Yes, the map's name is part of the elvin language of the book I'm writing.
    At the begining of the book, (third sentence) here is what the heroine says:

- To read elvin is simple, just read every voyel where there is a trema as if there hasn't, the trema is to indicate that you should accentuate your pronunciation in it.

Fact is my editor wanted an "acentued language" and he was bothering me saying it was sweeter to the eyes (who the hell will think that nowadays?) so I redid my whole encyclopedia (yes, there's one of this language took me a year and a half to do it) and put accents here and there.... Sorry for the inconvenience.

DF

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyuu View Post
    Hello,

Yes, the map's name is part of the elvin language of the book I'm writing.
    At the begining of the book, (third sentence) here is what the heroine says:

- To read elvin is simple, just read every voyel where there is a trema as if there hasn't, the trema is to indicate that you should accentuate your pronunciation in it.

Fact is my editor wanted an "acentued language" and he was bothering me saying it was sweeter to the eyes (who the hell will think that nowadays?) so I redid my whole encyclopedia (yes, there's one of this language took me a year and a half to do it) and put accents here and there.... Sorry for the inconvenience.

DF
    You've made your own language? Thats fantastic! I'm also doing that right now for the book I'm working at! (at a rather slow pace xD)
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/