Don't get frustrated, Djenny. We all had to take little steps at first. There are a lot of folks here that are probably willing to help you out as much as they can. To make things easier, though, it might help if we had a better idea of what you are trying to get out of this map. I'd recommend going through the Finished Maps sub-forum and maybe the Regional/World Mapping sub-forum and see if there is anything in there that is close to what you're trying to achieve. The other good sub-forum to go through is the Tutorials sub-forum since many of the tutorials there are often directly related to a finished map somewhere in one of the other sub-forums.

I know it can be a bit discouraging when you first start out and aren't getting what you want out of the map you're trying to make. For us cartographers, patience is very much a virtue. If you're having trouble achieving a particular look or effect, don't hesitate to ask for help. And lastly, Redrobes, one of our upstanding members here, has put together a keyword index located here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/ut...word_Index.htm). You might try browsing through that list as well, looking, in particular, for the applications you are using.

Hang in there, and I promise things will get better.

GW