Thread: Lurker New to Digital Mapping

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild, and have some rep for posting maps in your first post!

These look pretty good at first glance; the only one I have trouble with is the leftmost (regional?) map. It's really small and I want to zoom in, for one thing. The only other suggestion I'd have is to tone down your color scheme on that one a bit. With the red land, yellow and blue are a pretty jarring combination for the place names. Maybe desaturate the yellow to a light grey?

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Welcome to the Guild, and have some rep for posting maps in your first post!

These look pretty good at first glance; the only one I have trouble with is the leftmost (regional?) map. It's really small and I want to zoom in, for one thing. The only other suggestion I'd have is to tone down your color scheme on that one a bit. With the red land, yellow and blue are a pretty jarring combination for the place names. Maybe desaturate the yellow to a light grey?
    Thanks for the tips! I used 500x500 px because the tutorial I used used that. I agree that yellow and blue are jarring... I couldn't find a color scheme where I could both see the text and have it stand out. I'll try the light gray.

Guild Novice

The light gray does look nicer.