Thread: Māinm, development and stuff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry about not posting any feedback. You have a ton of information here that I, at least up to this point, have never really bothered to work out for anything I have done. There are a few around here who get into all the water flows and air currents. I seem to want to just get into the imagery. Maybe one day this will get into my blood. I think it's impressive when people get into this much explanation for why their world is the way it is. So, hats off to ya, keep up the great work.

I understand how it can kind of get to you when you post and there is nothing but silence out there. You begin to wonder if it just sucks so much that nobody cares to reply. At least that's what I always start to think when the silence stretches on. In this case, it doesn't suck, I just don't feel qualified to add anything.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I know what you mean about those guys who do ocean currents and wind patterns. I'm not really one of them, I just play one on tv.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    In this case, it doesn't suck, I just don't feel qualified to add anything.
    Well said! This is how i feel about most threads that I don't post on. I try hard to only post when I have something intelligent to add (because I can be a little loquacious if I don't watch myself).

Oh, and Naeddyr .... I think your work on your fluid dynamics is more than sufficient. The neat thing about flatworlds is that they *depend* on divine intervention, which gives a really handy explanation for pretty much however you want it to work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prelimcoastlines.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	32447

Smaller version from a (roughly) 4600x4600 original. Tarting up the coastlines to look more natural, and I must say, my technique for scraggling keeps on improving. Look at those fjords!