Thread: I'm missing something...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist

Hey, they look good to me.

I am using Adobe Illustrator to most of my mapping work. Using a nice little filter called "Autotrace," I trace out the coastlines, which I then run two more filters on to smooth out. First I'll add anchor points, and then I run a Round Corners filter. These two steps get rid of a lot of the sharp corners and nonsense along the coastline and give you a nicely generalized line.
    If you want I have posted a tutorial on my style at http://www.conlanger.com/issue5.pdf

Thanks,
    Rob

Thanks guys. Working on getting CS3 as soon as I can. Mean time I got Elements, thus what I mean by the "cheap variation" on HR's maps. I'll keep working on them and keep ya updated.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRob View Post
    Hey, they look good to me.

I am using Adobe Illustrator to most of my mapping work. Using a nice little filter called "Autotrace," I trace out the coastlines, which I then run two more filters on to smooth out. First I'll add anchor points, and then I run a Round Corners filter. These two steps get rid of a lot of the sharp corners and nonsense along the coastline and give you a nicely generalized line.
    If you want I have posted a tutorial on my style at http://www.conlanger.com/issue5.pdf

Thanks,
    Rob
    Repped. You deserve much more.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.