Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: here it goes

Don't call it a comeback! I been here for years, rocking my... wait, those aren't my words....

I am in the process of rediscovery who I am and what makes me tick and part of what makes me tick is fantasy/sci-fi mapping and illustration. I have some work to update with and some other stuff to tell about, and tales beyond tales.

Thanks to Torstan for a timely email. Hopefully this evening when the kiddies are abed, I can update you with tales of woe and minimal trriumph and also show you a map I am having published in a novel. oooooh sexay!

cheers folks!

--mmmmmpig
    Something witty and pithy

Blog Entries

Ruddy-ell this is some thread necromancy. How the devil are you m^5-pig ? We've all missed those great pieces of work. Im all ears for tales of woe and tr^2iumph !

Oh just 167 rep - that wont last long if your sticking around ! Were all clubbing each other with mighty repping sticks of the magi now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Welcome back! After trawling the archives we may well see some familiar faces around here we haven't seen for a while

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good to see you active again!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Miss your high-quality work, man, so let's hope you get some time back to make some more wonderful stuff for us to gape at.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

As keeper of the Challenge section of the guild's 13th depository, I have to say that's a name I recognize! Everything old is new again. Welcome back and let's hope you stay a while.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Welcome back! Good to hear from you again.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Mmmmmpig, who? J/K - long time no see, I guess you got word on Torstan's secret project in NYC... welcome back!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thanks for all the welcomes and kind words. In answer to one of the questions posed, yes, I did indeed get an email from Torstan. It was a tasty email indeed.

So what has the pig been up to in the past few months to a year? Well, that is an interesting question. As many of you know I lost my job in January of 2009. My job was as a mapping professional in the transportation planning "industry." Anyhoo... much angst and gnashing of teeth and a year later I landing a gig at a non-profit organization centered around feeding hungry people here in the States. That place turned out to be one of the rings of Hell and the environment there was burning my soul at an alarming rate. I started in February and was let go in May. They ended up firing me for being on the Internet too much when they didn't give me anything to do.

Fast forward one month and it is Origins 2010 and I am walking though the "art room" and thinking, you know.... I could seriously be doing this as a potential vocation. Some of the people in the room really weren't that great. I also noted a complete lack of mapping on the walls of the art area. What the hell is fantasy art without mapping? Nothing, that is what it is. Anyhoo... I am now starting to get my tattered pieces of the shell of a life back together I am looking to get some art into my life. A strong portion of that art of that art is going to be mapping. Get ready folks, I am about to start hitting for the fences!
    Something witty and pithy

good to see you back around, maybe we'll find time for another trip to the Cheesecake Factory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast