Okay. Well maybe it isn't that big. But it certainly seemed big to me! LOL
The original was truly monstrous. Right after I shrunk it. I realized I should have kept the larger map (Especially after all the work I had done on the original only to lose a lot of detail due to the pixel issue).

I didn't use anything fancy to create it (This will probably make some of you cringe... but I used Fastcapture and the simple Paint Program - obviously nothing elaborate).
The players in the RPG seem to love it.

I will show how I personally have highlighted areas in my own special way.

This first image is a developing section from the main map above (right next to the number 7) in a brownish looking area called the "Burn".
A character is developing the area for use and he has a secret base underneath it (long story).
Anyhow. I wanted to show the difference and change with the area (Which I haven't laid on top of the primary map as of yet).
I am also big BIG on images to give a feel for things. Which the below will show you. I do indeed have a larger map of the construction zone. Most of the buildings though shown. Are still being completed.

Anyhow... here is the "Burn" (located again, on the right of point 7 on the big map in my initial post).

The original mapping of the new area.

Next is an example I made right after I created Metro City and someone was curious how I did it. So I showed them using a highlight of a portion called Drag Island (where an important laboratory called Alpha Labs or the Alpha Institute of Super Human Studies is located - I know a lot of that is just general blah blah).
On this next pic I show via a map where in New Jersey Metro City is located.
I show a VERY small original template map as well as an original small street map.
A tiny image of my then mostly completed Metro City.
Then Drag Island highlighted with the buildings more square.
I did originally want to make the streets black or gray. But they blended in with the buildings. So for my purposes. I just needed to show where the roadways were in that district. So I went with the least used color on the map.

So here is the Drag Island District of Metro City.

I haven't had as much time to work on the map as I would like. Though I have a rather large descriptive Key of the areas in general and the important features. Though nothing is actually pin pointed on the maps in relation to the Key (unlike Alpha Labs in the above).
Besides... Modern Cities are so large and complex, it is hard sometimes to figure out what you should list and not list.

I think for my first truly hard core endeavor at it (Though certainly not my first maps). It is satisfactory.

G7

P.S. jtougas, That is the best part. It does have a very Superhero feel to it. But I am sure it could easily be used for any number of other things as well. But for me... It IS a Superhero City! LOL