Thread: Bridge crossing in the Daitengu Pass, from the Gift...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bridge crossing in the Daitengu Pass, from the Gift...

Here's a recent addition to maps needed for the first adventure for my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story. This is a bridge crossing for an encounter with a hebi-no-onna (snake woman) and the PC party. She's an ongoing threat throughout the first adventure, and she has set a trap that will cause a twenty foot section (the area between the sets of posts at center) to fall.

There is a lost salt-water crocodile in the river below to add some extra fun in this encounter.

My usual hand-drawn map, digitally scanned, imported to Xara Xtreme Pro, then the beveled shapes and drop shadows created to match the hand work. Finally I imported my hand-drawn trees from ages ago to finish the map. I used a repeating image of the water surface as the final layer over the river to simulate some wave action or at least refraction in the water.

I still need to create a few more maps for adventure 1, before I venture into the maps for adventure two.

It looks like the first adventure will include about 12 maps in total, making this product map heavy - of course, since it's my project, how could you expect anything else!

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daitengu-bridge.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	32692
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-19-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations