Thread: Cliffside Fortress - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected

Wip

@Steel General, Gidde (Thanks for your encouragement!) The grid's to line stuff up at the moment. I agree that it doesn't fit all that well with the layout of the castle. Maybe I'll have to have gridded regions where the grid warps or something (I don't really know if I can even do that!) to handle it. I know I saw somewhere someone was doing a voronoi diagram / escher like grid tiles for a city, maybe that would be feasible...

It's been slow going on this map now that I'm in the detail stage for this floor.
    The old forge and the "ding-dong the witch is dead" skeleton:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Preview 8.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	33193
    (I should learn Human Anatomy and proportions better... he was originally about 12 feet tall.)

Servant's quarters with barred windows.

Name:	Preview 9.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	432.4 KB 
ID:	33194
    (No arrow slits on this castle, the cliff is too hard to climb en-masse, so a siege would basically entail lobbing magic spells or catapulting rocks at the wall or something. Anyway, that's my excuse, I didn't plan the openings and rooms enough to do arrow slits, really. Which is a shame.)

Mysterious Floor Carvings

Name:	Preview 10.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	33196
    They probably say: "Stop! Did you remember to feed your Bandersnatch today?"

Horned Giant Skeleton

Name:	Preview 11.jpg 
Views:	611 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	33199
    Probably died trying to escape the Alchemist's Lab...
    (This one's anatomy is better. My hands and feet still suck, but I can live with these.)

Let this be a lesson to myself, always sketch your map out before you start. Do several drafts so you understand what you want to do, instead of scribbling on a napkin...
    Last edited by professorthunder; 02-05-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: More previews