Hi mappers! My name's Mitchell and I'm a GIS guy. I'm definitely not paid to be creative so this is a fun outlet. I started tinkering with Photoshop and CC symbols and other imported images and this was the result. It's not totally polished

I was trying to create a map for my D&D game where players could readily identify the dwarven mountain, elf town, etc. This lead to a big mess of clashing fonts and symbols that don't mesh with the background to look like a proper map. Overall I value it evoking meaning in the players minds more than create a consistent style, but the overall product still looks a bit like a computery mess of screenshots. So I wanted to know (perhaps this belongs in the how-to forum)
- Can you folks suggest any techniques for integrating the cartoony style of Campaign Cartographer graphics with the texture of the background land? I'm looking for a process I could apply to one or both groups that would make htem consistent and clash less
- Is it possible to directly import the Campaign Cartographer symbol catalog into Photoshop?

Thanks guys! I value your feedback
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LaFeyTerraNord.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	32917