Thread: Greetings & Salutations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

And yet another belated welcome from me... Welcome to the Guild Aristotle!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I've been away for a bit, with work, and mulling over a collection of campaign concepts trying to decide which one I want to actually start mapping.

I've always been a top down world builder, starting with a map of the world and a creation legend and then drilling down from there. With all of the hype around D&D 4E, and the whole "Points of Light" concept, I decided to try to do a bottom up project.

Of course as soon as I get an idea in my head about a large trade city in foreign lands left to fend for itself after the fall of the human empire (think Troy, but on the edge of a swamp/jungle continent with heavy asian and mesoamerican themed cultures... but with traditional western fantasy characters in the fore as pioneers/settlers similar to colonial america) Anyway. I get that and then I start thinking about doing a Midnight/Ravenloft clone with some dark lord in power and the masses afraid and defenseless... and I'm rambling.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll post something meaningful in the correct forum soon.

Aristotle - Welcome to the guild! As others have said, this is a great place.

And no worries about the rambling. I prefer to call it verbal (or typed) brainstorming. And it can lead to amazing things!