Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth DEM Project

making a Google Map of this will be easy, the laptop can handle 10k, so I can do that anytime, so a google map is a go'er

and making the image and bil tiles for world wind should be easy as well, but, because this laptop won't run World Wind, testing the xml file is a no go for me,,,had a thought,I must have uploaded the Anduin Vale xml to me-dem, so I should be able to take that, modify the extents for the higher resolution tile set, and it should work,,,,then I have to figure out how to point the accessor at a server to dish them out if we are going to put them on line,,,but I wont be able to check if it works until I get my new computer in Feb,,,unless I scale back my "want this comp" ,and buy something for the interim just to run it....may do that just because I have the cash on hand for a dual core,,,,and then give it to the kids when I step up to a quad,,,,4 kids with two computers and 2 laptops would work better than 1 comp and 2 laptops anyway..

runs off to check bank account and read through his own tutorial for using his own excel workbook for world wind tiles ,cause he don't 'disrememba" so well..

Should have a dual core on Thursday, plenty of ram and 'nuff space on the hard drives to make a few mistakes,

For WW, Once I am ready I'll need a hf2/hfz of the heightfield, the shaded/TEXTURED terrain image, and probably transparent pngs of the place names at different font sizes ( cause zooming in on the terrain is cool, but zooming in on a humongous letter G has the odd effect of concealing terrain)

SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

hahaha! Did I shout that loud enough?

Cool. I do hope he's still interested.
    Just had an absolutely amazing terrain open in WM. I need to do a little something to it before I can post any screenies. This is the last of it now this end. Need to lie down...so tired...*says body*...ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER!!!! *screams brain*...

///see you've posted again Seer- read later...

monks

ok still got said thing to do but at this distance you can't see the problem.

Check this out. This is with the undulating noise I mentioned (first take). It avoids the hills, mts and rivers, sea. This is REALLY exciting...and this is only the beginning...! Look at the hydrography! these can only get batter. I want to see REAL functioning watersheds baby! And I wan to see those mountains how they should be...one thing at a time phew!
    The old ICE topo is becoming a liability now for these eye candies.

and remember this is without any real erosion.
    ...the topo stuff

http://www.skindustry.net/medem/file...eginning03.png

monks
    Last edited by monks; 01-19-2009 at 12:37 PM.

yeh i know I'm a big pic freak sorry, but this is good sh*it..

monks

Blog Entries

Cool and groovy. If those rivers were taken from the 10K version then this erosion looks like its at a lot higher than 10K square grid. It must be a procedural type done on the fly which would be quite impressive. Are you able to get me another .ter in exactly the same way as last time ?

I will try to get more names in there tonight.

The rt erosion is on the mts. It is pretty impressive stuff, but the rivers are a result of the perlins raising the terrain around the clamped river beds. Well I'm on my way to rendering this out. Gotta shoot for tonight. Hope to have a 10K terrain fro you tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed cos 4 GB may not cut this. Not sure. May have to give you 4 5K ters. Is that ok?

monks

All sounds great Seer! especially the letter G zoom. That's personally why I'm in this game...for the giant letters... heh.
    World Wind- some on, we can't turn down an offer like we had back there can we now....? Just hope it's still on.
    Yep, we can dish it from several sources anyway Robes.

monks

ok I have 5 things to do. The problem that I mentioned is now sorted.
    3 of these are small modelling tasks: the southern beaches being one. the others are punching in numbers.

monks

Blog Entries

Good going Monks, I reckon were in with a shout of getting it done in time. And yes 4x5K's is fine. Just keep all the settings about the same or tell me what the height offset is. I'll try to get as many of the text labels in as I can.

Had a set back tonight; cost me a few hours but it's sorted now.
    Im goin run this anyway before I hit the sack. Any more last minute modelling could be done on top of that dem first thing tomorrow morning.

monks

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast