Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth DEM Project

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    down loaded the demo but all I get is the window with the black screen.....a quick look through the graphic card problems and it looks like I am out of luck...not sure which prog I have that is bugging up though...WHHHhaaaaaaaa
    Find "Loaded modules: " in the eng.log, first three are usually Outerra modules, followed by other, injected ones. They are listed with full paths so one can usually find out which program it is.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, I managed to find that eng file, and it looks like I might be falling into that AMD problem...with a 6900 Radeon. I have attached the file here if anyone can make sense of the gobblygook (at least it is to me with all my ludditisms...), RR, I will be posting the same over there as soon as I make that account. Thanks for the idea.

@monks...As do I. As do I

engNote.txt
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Oh, this is an issue with newer AMD drivers, a bug that causes shader compilation fail. Please download the development version instead, it contains a workaround for it.

Thanks cameni

have some rep for the work on Outerra, Great stuff there, and the help offered. I will do that and let you know how iy goes.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

You can fly around it in Outerra when we release :-D
    I would love to do that but I doubt my computer can handle Outerra... Hopefully one day...

I will say it again. This project is awesome! Keep it up guys!

))))...that's a real shame Lyandra... my computer won't run it either at the moment haha..well, in truth I just had to reinstall EVERYTHING on my
    system so as of an hour ago it does run it again. So...release has been put back a couple of weeks...or until I can be sure I've solved my hardware problem which keeps freezing the computer. Fingers crossed I've fixed it!
    For Outerra, I think the mian thing is the gfx card. Minimum recommended is an 8800 GTX or ATI 4850 I think, -with 512 MB memory. And also a 2 core cpu.

monks

I would suggest a new ATI card ...my 6900 (with 2 gigs memory on board) is buggy in that it will not run it longer than 5 min without crashing. Or maybe go the Nvidia route instead......

I am waiting for the new drivers in the hope that it works with that....

Hope y'all having a jolly festive season!

PC issues ironed out. Santa's elves have been busy down the me-dem mines haha...some screens from the latest build. We're doing some tests in make to get the textures right in GTS. Once we've done that, we'll put out the release build. The release build is already waiting at the beginning of the pipeline and has some improvements/adjustments.
    There's a lot of fog in the pics but it serves to give some visual cues to the landforms. Outerra's biomes are slated to come online in the next 6 months, so we'll have a scripting interface with which to change the textures, veg and snow placement. You may have noticed that the forests on the map are missing. The Outerra devs have kindly offered to put a quick hack in to get those in for release. Woohoo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre_release_01_261212.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	353.6 KB 
ID:	50681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre_release_02_261212.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	539.1 KB 
ID:	50682 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre_release_03_261212.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	478.9 KB 
ID:	50683

Name:	Pre_release_04_261212.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	50684 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre_release_05_261212.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	50685 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pre_release_06_261212.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	528.0 KB 
ID:	50686

Name:	Pre_release_07_261212.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	50687

Cheers,
    monks

:drool:

can't wait

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

I just found this post, but it looks definitely cool!

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast