View Poll Results: A Cartographer Team-up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • By our powers combined!

12 92.31%
  • Too many chefs spoil the soup!

1 7.69%

Thread: Tag-team mapping! A collaboration challenge.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ascension - great minds thing alike.

Gidde - Sorry for my absent-minded sexism!

Redrobes - I hadn't considered teams of more than two! Good idea, though. I especially like the idea of limiting the number of compasses as a way of leveling the playing field and making the rock stars team up with the rabble. Though I must admit, I salivate to think of the kind of maps the major players would come up with if they teamed up--no doubt turn out some artwork for the ages. I think, as with all challenges, the voters will decide on how well the team followed the concept of tag-team mapping, so that shouldn't be a problem. As I said, just encouraging people to keep the thread updated with what each individual person is doing would probably give enough criteria for judgement. The start-up conversations alone would be entertaining: "You do the town symbols and border while I work on this mountain range." And the main thread would probably turn out something like a bizzare dating website: "Single gold compass seeks big bruiser to work on isometric encounter map."

Hai-Eltik - I would love a third challenge option, if there is enough interest! Two months seems like a long time to work on a project and wait for a vote, though. I like the idea of an occasional team challenge though.

Tilt - I bet it would be extremely messy and difficult! That's part of the fun! You're right--only one team at a time seems fair.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 02-01-2011 at 09:57 AM.