Thread: Half World WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Be aware that around the landmass there is a border (light blue I believe) running along the coast line (in the water). I just opened the image and zoomed in when I noticed it. I didnt check out the whole map but it seemed to be there at a quick glance. So mold the water layer a bit to avoid this "underwater" elevation !

Gidde- Ah, okay, thanks.

Naeddyr- Um, I suppose I'm not using one at all But I think I understand what your saying, I stuck it on the google earth globe and see it. I hadn't really thought about doing anything like that, I'll be reading the stuff in that link. Thanks for the info!

AMdickovd- Oh, thank you! I don't know how I didn't see that, I'll get to fixing it!

Quote Originally Posted by BookOwl View Post
    [B]
    Naeddyr- Um, I suppose I'm not using one at all But I think I understand what your saying, I stuck it on the google earth globe and see it. I hadn't really thought about doing anything like that, I'll be reading the stuff in that link. Thanks for the info!
    Well, you're still just working on your map, so all is not lost. Just scale it so that it's size is twice as wide as it is tall, then you can say it's in the equirectangular projection, and everything follows from that. Fix the poles using this tutorial: http://naeddyr.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1yxg0i Use Hugin to shift the poles so that they lie on the equator (on the middle of the map), and then fix everything there so that that it looks good. Then change everything back, and Robert is your mother's brother, voila. After that, you have a map in equirectangular that can be inserted into any of G.projector, Flex-projector or Hugin to transform your map into a better-suited projection (or put on a globe).