Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Small Island Style Emulation (de Fer)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Well, I think this is done, and I'm relatively happy with my first ever foray into brushwork. I have a lot of lessons learned I'll be taking to the next project -- the green of the trees is a bit too green, for example, but I'm pretty happy with the way the desert turned out (other than the horrid, failed dunes and the rocks being the wrong shade of brown) and I think I can work with this style for a bit and try to refine it.

As an aside, rivers are really hard to do with watercolor. Where there is a big fat line of color on the origin end, that's me dealing with the fact that a stylus and a brush are opposite -- stylus is easier to work thin to thick, and watercolor is much easier to work thick to thin. I think I got the hang of it for the later rivers though

I guess it didn't end up looking anything like the reference, but here it is ... ink & watercolor, no post-processing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img016.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	853.8 KB 
ID:	33779  

I see Rillanon and Krondor!!!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Awesome Gidde!!! Rep for Watercolor too
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

That looks so beautiful! Well done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234