I didn't want to "jinx" my entry by voting for myself, so I decided to select that map (which is not my own) that has the most creativity or has in some way influenced my work.

The top entries for me was: Cap'n Janes Roost, Ice Pirates 2025, The Old Lighthouse, and Isla los Muertos.

Terrainmonkey for his his hand-drawn work that's been influencing me lately, unfortunately was missing that "implied story behind it" to get my vote.

The Old Lighthouse, because 3D is a style and practice I really enjoy, though as Redrobes put it himself - overall kind of bland. Its difficult to see a relationship between the caves and coast/lighthouse. The connection could have been better integrated.

Ice Pirates 2025 was very creative and almost my top choice because of it! What held me from voting for this one, was that the challenge rules required a cavern and cave system. Not that using that fusion to create a sphere to build into wasn't a good idea, but in my mind caverns and cave systems are naturally created locations. Excavating additional work space into an existing cave system is acceptable to me, but entirely artificially created caves seems outside the rules - for this reason alone, I didn't vote for RobA.

In the end, Publius's Cap'n Janes Roost sold me as the most creative, most influenced my map and most closely fit the challenge rules. Although I shouldn't have let it happen, Publius's map influenced my entry this month.

The slight overhand of rock shown on the "west" side of his cavern over the floor area, motivated me to create the shadows at the cave entrances of my map, plus his thinking of wave carved caves meeting interior normal caves was very close in my own conception. For these reasons, I voted for Publius!