Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-map Archer illustration beef - Or whatever else fires you up.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I feel I should point out that wrapping the index finger over the guard is a legitimate technique, particularly where your opponent is not also wielding a sword. It gives a bit more point control in exchange for a loss of power. In the event that you want to use such a grip against someone else who does have a sword, there are historical examples of broadswords with a ring designed to protect the finger, and many basket-hilt fencing blades are designed such that you can wrap your finger around the crossguard but still be protected by the basket. I have a replica of such a blade in my closet, in fact.

Anyway… I probably wouldn't have noticed the moon thing in Wolfenstein if this conversation hadn't been so fresh in my mind.

My wife recently pointed out that any given scene in CSI in which a technician is examining a car with a music montage, that that is the show's sex scene: strongly back-lit, close ups on the hands gliding across the surface, the music, intense facial expression. So that's evidently why they look at the car in the dark. As for the rest of the lab, I suspect that they spent their entire budget on fancy computers, so they didn't have anything left to replace the light bulbs as they blew one by one.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

@Midgardsormr - Ok, now just so you know I think your wife is right but it's also very funny because if my wife had told me that, the next time we went out to the car I would say, "Hey baby, check this out" and start gliding my hands along the leather seats and so on while making eyes at her. Hehe, it would be hard to keep a straight face though. If she's a Mike Myers fan you might even add, "Does that make your horny? Does it?"
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123