Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non-map Archer illustration beef - Or whatever else fires you up.

@Midgardsormr - Ok, now just so you know I think your wife is right but it's also very funny because if my wife had told me that, the next time we went out to the car I would say, "Hey baby, check this out" and start gliding my hands along the leather seats and so on while making eyes at her. Hehe, it would be hard to keep a straight face though. If she's a Mike Myers fan you might even add, "Does that make your horny? Does it?"
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    No, I've seen a few images where the archer is gripping the arrow's butt and pulling on that instead of having fingers hooked over the string. I can only imagine that if you were to do that with a wooden arrow that you'd either split the sucker in half, or just break off one side of the nock.
    Like so: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs28/i/20..._Shaboygen.png
    Thumb ring, with a slightly awkward, but doable grip. A girl in my archery club back in high school shot with a grip like that using a thumb ring while partly holding the nock. The instructor yelled at her about it, told us all how she was doing it completely wrong, and that she would have horrible accuracy. She put five arrows in the bulls eye, and told him to shut up.

The real error is that the bow string doesn't line up with the arrow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123