Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Challenge - Caging the Bird

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Haha, I only spotted the one really obvious homage so far, but the fact that you added the killer robot from your last challenge map is awesome. I'm loving this

Thanks, I had to use that golem again it just works so well. I can guess which of the homages who have found, the other one is just a stones throw away

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh. I hadn't even noticed. I miss things once in a while. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out the thing behind the pillar.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That was supposed to be a giant skull but it ended up looking too much like a cheap Cubone from Pokemon so I kind of tried to hide it in the back.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Well then you are going love one of the easter eggs I have planned

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

I have more! Making stuff to try and resemble and olden day feel is kind of fun really, I added a background (it's supposed to kind of a leather desk top, the woodboard effect didn't work) the first part of the title (will work on that more, I want to be kind of cartoony) and a telegram. There are four new easter eggs, can you spot them?

More to come soon.

-D-

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caging the Bird.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	33321  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 02-09-2011 at 09:53 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Okay, almost done, I added in two more letters, one from a jeweller and one from the Inspector. I'm now going to add a newspaper clipping and will spruce up the title to be more noticeable and maybe a bit cartoony. Looking at it now it does seem to be missing something but I can't figure out what, any ideas? A border perhaps? As I'm almost done and have plenty of time until the deadline of the comp I might set this aside for a few days or a week to get other stuff done.

-D-

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caging the Bird.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	33322  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast