Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2011 Challenge - Caging the Bird

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

argh... have a love/hate relationship with easter eggs... remember Pasis hidden faces - only found 2 out of 3 - and he told me that the first one I found was the difficult one...so its an easy one I never found... *sigh*... 11 you say... better get to work *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Okay, as a hint to the egg-hunters out there, the eggs are either symbols or names hidden in the text. Also, all but one of them are either award winners or community leaders. The odd one out is really obscure, but a drop by my profile and some careful digging through the map will help.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Okay, unless a keen eye out there picks up on a mistake I missed or unless i get struck by sudden inspiration I'm calling this done. I made the title a lot more noticeable, added in two little people, a small border and backing for the title, fixed up some typos and added a water mark. Also there is one more easter egg, making 12 in total, there are a minimum of two per item, excluding the title and background. The watermaker doesn't count as one, PM me if you think you have them all.

Over all this one was fun to make, it was completely different than anything else I normally do and that worked for me. Good luck to all other comp participants.

-D-

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caging the Bird.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	33893  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 02-25-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I really love the pixel-art vibe here. It makes me think of a level from a really cool SNES game.

Good ideas. I like the displays.

Did you misspell "incompetence" on purpose? Steele's note also has an "it's" for "its" error at "from it's case".

Um.... uh... blame the spelling mistakes on pixies! No, I will change them, good catch rdanhenry, thanks.

EDIT: Problems fixed.

-D-
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 02-23-2011 at 05:11 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Ooops just spotted another spelling mistake:

Jewellry should be Jewelry or Jewellery (depending if you want to spell it in American English or British English).

Another (tiny) one: you can see the back of the display case through the stone tablet.

Good catch Ravells, editing now.

-D-

EDIT: Problem Fixed.
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 02-25-2011 at 10:17 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

"They stole a million" was a very good CG in the old C64 days. Your map reminds me much of this

Okay here are the easter eggs for anyone who wanted to find all of them. Don't read if you want to find them yourself.

Main picture
    - Ascension's (CL) symbol is on the shield in the centre right.
    - Arcana's (Admin) compass is on the stone tablet under the balcony.

Top left letter
    - Gidde's (CL) avatar is in the bottom right.
    - Leon D is an anagram for LoneD (member), part of my user name.

Bottom Left Letter
    - Ravell's (CL) symbol is in the top left and his name is on the company name.
    - 10 Sapient Lane can be changed to Sapiento (Award Winner).
    - Gerald N. Steele is an anagram for Steel General (CL), just remove the D.
    - Naut 1981 is Juggernaut1981 (Member) from friend's list.

Top Right Letter
    - The Mask of Cartog is basically a redo of Tilt's (CL) avatar.
    - The suit of armour was drawn by Moutarde (January's Award Winner), his name also appears in the article.

Bottom Right Letter
    - Diamond Standard is Diamond (Award Winner)
    - Gamern Printing is Gamerprinter (PA)
    - Samual Ramah is obviously just Ramah (Award Winner)

I've also reference some of my previous works in the pic but they are not worth mentioning. Hope soe of you had fun egg hunting.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast