Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fiction Regional Map...

Very nice, David. We do have a thumbnailing facility here. Click 'go advanced' when you're writing your post and then look for the 'manage attachment's button below. That allows you to upload images which will automatically be thumbnailed.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

As Soc 101, the only thing I remember from that is the bystander effect...and that was my minor. (blush) Very nice of you to show your brush settings - I hope lots of folks look at them so I don't have to go into long-winded explanations all the time.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Nice! I tend to use a pencil type brush, haven't messed with some of the other settings that you're using. I'll definitely have to give this a go. This is cs5? I don't recognize "transfer" as a setting.. I may have to mess around and see if I can get something equivalent for cs3.

Still working my way up to actually DOING something, i've been mostly looking at stuff waiting for the inspiration to kick back in.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

OK everything is on hold for a bit. I have to play catchup with some other classes, then I can get back to the map. hhmmm... Should be about a week i think.

So the quarter is done and I'm am officially a college grad. I I thought I had finished up the map, but in my portfolio review the on good thing they liked about it was the color selection. The thing they REALLY DIDN'T like about it was the typographic. SO. Any one want to chime in and give me some direction?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think the main thing is that the crisp Gothic lettering clashes with the hand-drawn elements...maybe try a hand-lettered font.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12