Thread: Hi, this is Shay...

Default Hi, this is Shay...

... and in my pronunciation, that rhymes. Shay has nothing to do with the Irish first name, but is actually a short form of one of my characters' name: T'Shay-itzu... and I've just gotten used to using it as a nickname.

Well...

I'm from Germany, from the Stuttgart area to be precise. During highschool, I spent a year in the US, so my English should be ok. At least it was good enough to write my thesis in My virtual home is www.weltenbastler.net (German community for worldbuilding, if you speak German, check it out) and someone there posted a link to here. So here I am.

My basic interests are worldbuilding and making up stories which play in my world. Cartography is a bit of a love and hate relationship. I need maps - and accurate maps - to sort my thoughts, but drawing them to my satisfaction just takes up so much time. And just when I'm done, I realize there's some sort of error in my global climate or something and I have to redo it. Oh well, such is life.

All my maps are done in Corel Draw, which doesn't seem to be used much around here. I never really tried anything else, as I've used Corel Draw for years now (I think I got started on version 3, now I'm on X5). And I like to have scalable maps and moveable objects.

In real life, I'm a wife, a mother and a R&D engineer in automotive electronics. I'll leave the order of importance to you So my biggest issue is my time budget. I just have so many more ideas than time to do them. But I just couldn't pass up this forum.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard, Shay! There are a few CD users hanging around, and more that use other vector software so you should still be able to find some good inspiration and help. Plus, it's not your software that really matters Looking forward to your maps!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hey Shay, welcome to the guild!

CD is indeed slightly underrepresented here, but as Gidde said that doesn't really matters. You will still find tons of useful ressources, tips and inspiration here, that's for sure! Have fun

Q

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave