Hi folks, I'm like a fair few members around here I reckon, lurking in the shadows, viewing some wonderful creations and then scurrying back to the world without leaving a message. Well, having been pointed in the direction of Tear's majestic Westeros map I registered and will hopefully punt up some of my old, hand-drawn and scanned stuff soon, along with a couple of "boxmaps" for the two scenarios I've produced for the Midnight/MU community (celebrating the old Lords of Midnight game from the mid '80s).

My mapping history dates back to school days but really kicked off with the aforementioned Lords of Midnight and its successor Doomdark's Revenge. Like many I dare say that things ramped up when introduced to D&D and then other RPG systems. As an avid fan of Middle-Earth gaming in that sector was my main thing, as GM and player (mostly the former).

Anyway, I am prone to the odd ramble (you may have noticed) so suffice to say, I still love maps but most of my graphic work these days revolves around bits-n-pieces for web applications or shields and banners for Midnight/MU. Having recently got an upgrade from Fireworks MX to CS5 I'm keen to use spare time finding out how the Ps tutorials here can translate to Fw (if at all). I may have to fire up the GIMP again, having had a brief affair with it about 4 years ago.

</ramble>