Thread: Help!! :( Can anyone help me on creating an INTERACTIVE MAP.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, Flash would be a good tool ... if I knew how to use it and if I had something that would create flash files. Sometimes ya use what cha got.

Here's an example of doing routes with a flock of little html files and little animated gifs. There's just one full map. The actions for selecting a town and for drawing the route are sparse .gifs , overlaying the map. This whole mess of four .gifs and four .htms is only about 80kb, so at least it's lightweight.

http://worldspinner.net/worldofauror...nPolitical.htm

Pull that up, and size it so you can see the bottom of the map (control-scrollwheel, or however your browser does it). Sorry, I picked towns at the bottom - I should've used ones at the north to minimize fussiness. I checked it on Windows with Firefoix, Chrome, and IE.

click on Pyna Demopolis - its in the south, on the Zophos border. Origin is selected.
    then click on Prynippia, kind of middle-west in the green. Destination is selected.
    click on Prynippia again, and it'll draw the route.

It's a hack, unpretty, but shows one way to do it. Of course the original poster hasn't said if this sort of thing is even what's needed. jajaef, how about it? Midgard brings up another question - are you dealing with real-world places, or imaginary ones?
    Last edited by jbgibson; 02-12-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: browser compatibility note