Thread: studioGidde Logo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks great - I love that compass.

Any reason why it's Studio Gidde rather than Gidde Studio?

The green of the Studio is very close in tone to the compass - I'd lighten or darken it to separate it. I love the map background for the website - will that repeat or will it be a fixed background with the central panel scrolling over it?

Great work!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback, Torstan!

-- On the name: I'm not sure. studioGidde just sounded better to me, must be all the years of French culture I got steeped in as a child which puts the noun before the owner.
    -- On the green: I agree. I've spent *countless* hours trying to get that green right and failing. I'll try again ...
    -- On the background: Neither. Took me the better part of last weekend to get it to work, but it's actually stuck to the bottom corner of the page, so if you size the window or the content grows, it will still be right there in the bottom corner of the actual content.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Eek, some cross posts happened there. I'll think about a web design tutorial; I've had to do a couple of workshops at the day job, as well (which is why you don't see Web Design as one of the things my website is promoting; too close to what I do at the day job) and I may be able to kill more than one bird with a proverbial stone.

In the meantime, for anyone who thinks a web page's stylesheet has anything to do with a waterfall (), w3schools.com is FANTASTIC. It's my go-to for reference when I need to dig down into HTML/CSS again, and it's got fantastic tutorials as well.