Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
Wow those are awesome..
Thanks! .

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
For printing out stuff, you could go the easy route and just save it to disc etc, take it down to your local copy shop and have 'em print it out at the size you want. They'll probably laminate it too. If you live in the US, Kinko's/FedEx does a good job for a reasonable price. Also, there's our member Gamerprinter, who does it for a living. You might PM him and see what he'll charge ya.

As for getting discouraged... well, I look at those 3D models you've done and want to weep, because I know I could never accomplish anything that cool. So there.
Thanks for the suggestion with Kinkos/Fedex... I was thinking along those lines myself, only I remember them being a bit on the pricey side for things (compared to what, I don't know). I'll look into it, though.

As for doing the 3D stuff... really, it's not all that difficult. Once you learn the tools, and as long as you have some reference pics to work with - hand-drawn or otherwise - it's mostly just the tedium. For example, the most "difficult" (as in, tedious) part of that first merchant stand to make was the canopy. Why? Because it's thin and has to contour as closely as possible to the shape of the supports below it, without overlapping. Took me 3 different approaches before I got the one that worked best. Now, when it comes to things like modeling 3D characters and such... whole different ballpark for me. I'm horrible at that stuff. Trees, boulders, buildings... otherwise "non-living things"... I'm fine. Anything that needs to look, move and appear alive? Forget it. Well, trees are living, but you know what I mean :-p.