Thread: Constantinople

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The mass of the building was done in CityEngine. The forums and Hippodrome were made in Sketchup. These were then imported into CityEngine. This was then exported from CityEngine as a 3DS file into VNS3 as you see it here. I'm very new to CityEngine. It's got some cool features but it's frustrating to work with. All the buildings, etc. are driven by a cga rule file which is a type of scripting. I've managed to learn enough scripting for my needs but it's not much.

This image is what the final map actually looks like. It is one of two maps of the same area. The other is zoomed out further. The grid lines on the map are 1 km.
    The arrows are created in illustrator then rendered onto a blank terrain and compiled together with the map in PShop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	constantinople3.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	569.0 KB 
ID:	33599  

This is also done in CityEngine. It's an unfinished project I've been dabbling with on and off. In this image I got CityEngine to create a radial street network and then populated it with buildings.
    Anyway, it gives you a feel of what it can do. (BTW, CityEngine is not a rendering program)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haven-2.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	33600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haven-1.jpg 
Views:	1322 
Size:	420.5 KB 
ID:	33601
    Last edited by kimey; 02-16-2011 at 08:27 PM.