Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Campaign Maps (about 70 to build)

Alrighty - (on C4) fixed the river systems as much as I could. I made sure the mountain-based streams feeding the lower rivers start as dark blue (fast water). I also tweaked the merging and tributary junctions so they provide more obvious direction of the flow. The canyons are tricky, but that's the way the originals were drawn... I also took off all the FX on the ridgelines which helped clean things up too. I attached a new version in the above post and got rid of the first. I also left the ridgelines OFF of this version because... I hate 'em.

Think that the changes will work better? Seems like it to me.

Will rework B5 tomorrow.

Nice! Running the headwaters up into forest, and/or tapering them has improved the look, as did making some of the T-joins Y's instead.

The "some with ridgelines vs. some without" definitely makes sense in a game setting. For that matter, almost anything that could be considered a flaw is completely explained by "the customer wants it that way" :-). Repped, both for sharp execution, and for audacious ambition :-).

Found a style of ridgeline I like that works and looks more like what you'd get with a strategic map (smooth dotted/dashed lines); a deliberate "overlay".

Replaced the previous version of C4 with the new one. I think I'm done evolving the style (for now).

Thanks for your help!

Updated B5 with the latest tweaks. Looks a lot better - less busy. Updated the attached map above. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12