Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [WIP] Urcys

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it so far, though I think the foot hills may be a bit tightly packed.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

I'll redo the brush scatterer settings. If it's too tight, I'll make it a little more loose for future uses.

Thanks for the comment !

Guild Member

Ok, made some advancements, one desert and the sea (in this world sea is raw water energy and can't be drink as it, it needs to be either of magical nature (e.g beast can drink energy water)) and some details here and there.

As I couldn't help but to do some rework since the sea was "too strong", here it is, V 2!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layered Map.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	682.0 KB 
ID:	33868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layered Map.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	33869  
    Last edited by Ukyuu; 02-24-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Guild Member

I am wondering since about a few hours if I shouldn't add Rivers to this map.. What do you thinks ? Basically, it's not fixed in stone if this magical flux is just concentrated on one point or not. And I rode a vivid criticism on this website about maps who doesn't have any river... So if anybody has a mind about it, let me know...

It's looking very good, Ukyuu! Why not add some rivers, it will give the map some variety. It's your map though, so you need to decide what look and feel you want it to have, particularly in relation to the story. If the story mentions rivers, then it may be an idea to put them in perhaps?

Guild Member

I'm not so sure... Story-wise there's no river involved, yet it just simply mean they have no interest for the story so far. I was thinking about the rivers because I see a lot of topics regarding them in the forum. It's quite often saying that it's a must-have, and that a map seems to be only finished when it has its rivers... on my part, I don't know much about physics so much more less about weight balance and water flows...

Mika.

Guild Member

Info

Hi back everybody,

I had to format my computer and re-install it completely when my "Graphic Card" sorry I don't remember the name in english, crashed. I will be done installing it sometime soon, hopefully I'll finish the map right after !

Mika.

Guild Member

I have network save of any work I do. If something should occur to my pc, I'd loose about 1 to 2 days of work at most. It's frequent practice in my work, since a lost story is lost forever (you can't possibly write 2 times the very same thing so it's quite annoying to lose even one).

I'm going to finish it back soon.

Mika.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011