Thread: Arlion The Shattered Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schley View Post
    Nice work! I'd suggest a more readable font though. Maybe something with a good small caps assortment rather than all caps. You might also think about wrapping your diagonal text to some subtly curved paths as well.
    Thank you for the kind words. I actually got the inspiration for this map from the font . I would love to be able to wrap my text along a path but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. I actually got the inspiration for this map from the font . I would love to be able to wrap my text along a path but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it.
    In GIMP, create a path the way you want it. Then, on the text layer, there is a text along path button. Check out RobA's tutorial for details. I have been told Inkscape makes this much easier, but I don't know the details so can't help...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.