I've been gaming a long time; mostly GMing, because, well, let's face it, I'm a control freak, and I like knowing all the secrets.

I've been drawing maps on graph paper since 19*cough*; my artistic skills are somewhat more lacking, so I've never been particularly proud of my overland maps where I didn't have a grid to protect and guide me.

I've been puttering with Campaign Cartographer since it was a DOS program, but I've never gotten really serious about using it - mostly because my need never exceeded the learning curve to really take the time and create what I imagined; I kept buying new versions periodically, because I aspired to what I wasn't taking the time and making the effort to accomplish. A great example of more money than sense, I suppose.

I have gotten more serious recently, however, since I've acquired a 52" Sony LCD in my gaming room, and have begun using MapTool virtual table top software on it, as well as creating print-out battle maps for using with minis. Additionally, many of my players who've scattered to the winds over the years would still like to play with me as GM, even at a distance, so the MapTool VTT is becoming even more important and useful.

So, I've come around to making maps for the VTT myself, and between CC3, GIMP, and MapTool's own impressive abilities, I'm crafting maps far more, and far better than I have in the past.

I've been lurking here for a few months, and have decided it's finally time to step out, get involved in this forum community, and start sharing what i've been creating with other gamers and map users, in return for the maps and inspirations for maps I've recieved - I'm a big fan of 'pay it forward'.

Darkechilde