Thread: Multiple Floors with DD3 Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried the multiple Sheets approach last night and it worked out nicely. (I shouldn't have said multiple layers, Sheets is the way to go). I am happy with how that works, but have to be really careful when I'm placing symbols, so I always select the right sheet first. I renamed all the standard sheets, so when I do put a symbol in the default sheet by mistake it automatically creates a new sheet on the top of the stack and it is pretty easy to correct. I'm thinking that a hybrid strategy between what you guys have suggested is the best approach. Finish the map and then save two copies of the map with different sheets visible and different hotspots.

There's no way to create hotspots that show and hide sheets is there?

Uh oh, my boss just got to work. Gotta go.

Mike

Looks like I'm going to answer my own last question here. I haven't gotten it to work yet, but...I think the final solution to my original question is that you use muliple sheets to represent the levels and then you create a menu system with text and hotspots that call macros to show and hide the layers. I will let you all know how it goes.

The macro commands are HIDESHT and SHOWSHT
    (Anyone else find this funny cough, cough)

Thanks everyone for the quick responses.

Mike

So here's my final solution:

1. I created 2 scripts files called viewfloor1.scr and viewfloor2.scr in the same folder as the map. Of the general form:
    HIDESHT 1 FLOORS
    SHOWSHT 2 FLOORS

2. I went to [Tools>Macros>Make Hotspot] and entered something like:
    scriptm $viewfloor2.scr;
    and selected the rectangle for the hotspot

3. Now I can just click on a hotspot and it shows the appropriate floor. Very slick.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mike